Sunday, January 15, 2006

No, thanks

Before starting school this year, I was asking Mordechai what he'd like to learn in Pre-1A. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Would you like to learn the alphabet and aleph-bet?

Mord (rolling eyes): C'mon, Mom. I know that already.

Me: Math?

Mord: Yeah, yeah. Like plus and that other thing you showed me in my notebook (referring to multiplication table found on the inside cover of his marble composition notebook). I don't know that so well so I need to practice that alot.

Me: Reading?

Mord
: Yeah, so I could read the 'miros (z'mirot - Shabbat songs) by myself.

Me
: How 'bout reading English?

Mord
(with a dismissive wave of his hand): Oh, I could just sound it out. No, thanks.

1 comment:

PsychoToddler said...

Sounds like he'll be a big star in the Yeshivishe velt.