Saturday, January 14, 2006

Kids Say the Darndest Things...

One of the reasons I started blogging was to give myself an impetus to record all of the unintentionally funny things my kids have said to me over the years. The sad truth is that I have already forgotten most of them. But a choice few still remain in long term memory. Like the time my oldest son was 3 and he had to go to the ER and he told them they could put the "blood crusher" around his arm. Or the naming ceremony for my daughter Elana, where my son Rafi (also 3) asked "How do you spell Iguana?"

But there are many more zany sayings that I thought were hysterical at the time, and now I just can't remember what they were. So, one of the reasons for starting PsychoToddler was to have an outlet to record them. As I have made my way across the blogosphere over the past few years, I have discovered that there are quite a few other parents of vocabularily challenged tots out there, and it turns out that humans all around the world do in fact share one thing in common: The desire to make fun of and embarrass our kids in front of as many other adults as possible.

So it is with much nudging and prodding that I launch the inaugural post of Our Kids Speak, because Kid Talk, Kid Blog, Kid Speak, and Kids eat Boogers were all taken already.

If you feel that you would like to be a part of this blog, email me at mskiermd at sbcglobal dot net.

OK here's the first one:

Mommy: The PT (not her real name), if you were an animal, what kind of animal would you be?

The PT: A wolf.

Mommy: Really? That's interesting. What about Abba?

The PT: A dog.

Mommy: What about me?

The PT: A smaller dog.

Mommy: OK, what about Shua?

The PT: A little dog.

Mommy: I see. What about Fudge?

The PT: A penguin.

No comments: