Sunday, January 29, 2006

Got comments?

To prevent confusion for our less geeky members, I've rewritten this post. My first plan didn't work, so here's the new plan. Anybody who'd like to receive comment notifications, please email me through my profile, from the address on your profile. Tell me your Blogger name, and where you want me to send the comments. If your email address isn't listed on your profile, please comment on this post, saying you'd like to receive notifications, so I know it's really you sending the email.

There may be a delay of up to 24 hours in receiving comments, but it won't usually be that long, and it's better than a kick in the pants. ;o) If you have a better solution, I'm open to suggestions.

Also, there may occasionally be a 'SPAM:' added to the subject of the comment email. My email server sometimes adds this, and the only way to get rid of it also gets rid of the comment date in the subject. So just make sure your email program isn't rejecting those. If people would rather fix this and lose the date (still in the email body) tell me and I'll do it.

If you need help with any of this, feel free to email me. I'm a nice geek.

6 comments:

PsychoToddler said...

And as a reciprocal, if you've left comments here and then got some kind of weird email return saying you're not alowed to post, let us know too. (From Saturday on).

We're still working out the kinks.

Anonymous said...

Okay, let's see if I get a weird email when I pretend not to be me. Oh, wait, it doesn't even let me enter my email. Let's see if the comment goes through.

Another meshugannah mommy said...

I love this blog - totally cracks me up.

Ezzie said...

Um, let's say I want to get the comments at my normal blog address? How do I sign up? Normally?

Kiwi the Geek said...

AMM: We're happy to be of assistance! At least, I am.

Ezzie: All you need to do is email me. (The other plan didn't work.) Click on my name at the top of this comment, and you get my profile. At the left is a link to my email. Send me an email, and I'll put you on the list.

I would have already done it for you, when I saw your comment, but your email isn't listed on your profile.

Ralphie said...

KtG - my email is not listed in my profile. I will send you an email from a gmail address.