Monday, January 16, 2006

Gobble This

When son #2 was 7 years old and in first grade (now 16), the class had a Thanksgiving feast. The children sweetly sat together at the table to share in the bountiful foods they had brought to the feast...just as the Native Americans and Pilgrims had done so long ago.

The teacher asked the children to go around the table and tell what they were thankful for. The children began: "I am thankful for my mommy and daddy". "I am thankful for my teacher". "I am thankful to G-d for this food". "I am thankful for my home".

And then, the proud moment came...my son began to speak..."I am thankful...THAT I'M NOT THE TURKEY!".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just gave me a chuckle. Those are definitely some of those sweet moments that you(and the teachers) always remember.

cruisin-mom said...

to this day...he can still crack me up with off beat comments like that