Saturday, January 14, 2006

As The Blog Turns

Funny how things work themselves out sometimes.

I love reading blogs in which parents talk about their children's antics, their children's wise or wacky words. One of these bloggers is Sweettooth120. Some time ago, I read something she'd written about her young daughter's childish wisdom, and thought it was so sweet.

Then I thought of some of my children's words that I've collected sporadically over the past 10 1/2 years of parenthood and how entertained I was, as well as other friends and family members.

And so I wrote to Sweettooth120 to make the suggestion that maybe we should start a blog of parents/grandparents/aunts/uncles/teachers/pediatricians, etc. who would share with the cyberworld the childishly simple, childishly wise and childishly entertaining words of the children in their lives. She thought it was a great idea and suggested I post something about it, putting a shout-out for recruits.

I can't recall if I did, but I know that she did again, within her comments section, within other people's comments section...one of those people being Psychotoddler who loves to share, and wisely so, pearlies of wisdom from his wee ones. And just now I received an invitation to join a new blog: Our Kids Speak.

Okay, so maybe it took me to come up with the idea and a couple other people to get it in action, but now that we're here, let's give our kids a hand and listen to what they have to say!

No comments: