Sunday, July 30, 2006

Too Blond To See?

My youngest, 6 1/2 y.o. boy, was reminding me this morning about how he got hit in the eye by a hardball a couple of months ago. He was all shaken up by the event and crying hysterically, but after he was calm and had an ice pack on his quickly-swelling eye, my husband and the kids and a cousin continued with their plans to see a movie at the theater.

He announced he'd like to get hit in the eye again! I asked why. He said, "'Cause after we can go to the movie!"

I told him he was lucky he wasn't hurt worse; it could've done serious damage to his eye, to his vision and he could've gone blind.

This afternoon we brought up the topic again at the lunch table. He repeated to my husband and other two kids what we'd talked about. My husband laughed and said that he doesn't need to get hit by a ball in the eye to go to see a movie.
My little guy piped up and said, "Yeah. If I get hit in the eye again like that, I could become blond!"

1 comment:

cruisin-mom said...

haha! that's too cute Pearl.