Wednesday, March 12, 2008

on Moshiach...

Kids are so innocent. So real. So untainted.
My 2nd grade students were hanging out near my desk during recess complaining about the unfairness of being young because the 6th grade was having a grand Bas Mitzvah Brunch and they're even having a chocolate fountain and blah blah blah.
One kid says, "Uch, it's going to be like forever til were in sixth grade. Six- no wait, um... 4 years!"
A second delicious kid turns to me and says,
"Yeah, Moshiach's already going to be here when we're in 6th grade!"

(I responded, "Don't worry, we'll make a grand Bas Mitzvah Brunch in Eretz Yisrael for you..."

but...!!!! Halevay we would all think like that....!

5 comments:

Erachet said...

That's awesome! Your students are so shtark. :D

RaggedyMom said...

What a great age to teach. Enjoy them.

And email me if you want the pie recipe!

Bas~Melech said...

Priceless :-)

Anonymous said...

I just hope that they weren't disappointed that Moshiach would be here before their own Bas Mitzvah lunch! ;) If only I could get into their state of mind...

the opinion said...

cute