Sunday, March 04, 2007

Peer pressure?

Chana (7), Rivka (5), and I were walking home from synagogue, when Rivka bent down to pick up a lollipop stick she had dropped.

Chana: What's that?

Rivka: My lolli stick.

Chana: Oh, I thought it was a cigarette.

Rivka: What's a cigarette.

Chana: It's something that you should never, ever, use. It can kill you. But it makes you look cool.

Me: WHAT!!!!????

Chana: It does, Daddy.

Me: How does it make you look cool?

Chana: It just does.

Me: What do you know about cool, anyway?

Chana: A whole lot more than you.

(My guess is that at some anti-smoking assembly at school, someone said that smoking might make you look cool, but it's dangerous. In any case, we straightened it out and agreed that it is not cool.)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Bli neder, you have got your hands full with this one! ;)

PsychoToddler said...

So it can kill you. As long as you look cool.

Great lesson they're teaching.

For some reason this looney tunes line comes to mind:

"Consequences shmonsequences, as long as I'm rich."

Anonymous said...

I tried to leave a comment on your other blog, didn't work. Maybe that's why you don't get many comments.

I always enjoy what you blog about.

This set-up is different so I hope it will work!